Thursday, February 13, 2014

When I Look Into Your Eyes

As a parent, I do think one of the most beautiful things I see in my children when I look at their physical appearance is their eyes. Each of them have their own looks, but all three of them share blue eyes. Beautiful, blue eyes.
Miriam's blue eyes
I remember when Miriam was born and I saw her eyes. I was so excited to see that she had gotten my eye color. That is something that all 3 kids share from me. Blue eyes only run in my family, not their daddy's family. Miriam's eyes seem to be the bluest of our children. I love her eyes. With her fair skin, her beautiful blue eyes just seem to say so much when you look at them.
 
Levi Paul's gray-blue eyes
It's amazing how the eyes are the one thing that can connect us to others, even if we don't speak the same language. Think about it: when we talk to people, we look into their eyes. When you first look at somebody, you look at their eyes. The Koreans love to see blue eyes, especially in children. Levi Paul's eyes are a gray-blue. His are darker than Miriam's. Chris has hazel eyes, so while Levi Paul's eyes are still blue, they have a grayish color to them.
Naomi's blue eyes
Just like her sister, Naomi's eyes say so much about her. Just like her brother, she has the darker blue eyes, but not as much gray as Levi Paul has. When I am sitting with her and she's being quite, I can just stare into her eyes and it seems that we have this conversation just by looking at each other. 

As a mother, one of the best things ever is when your newborn child finally "connects" with you. It's through the eyes that this happens. It's when you're sitting there, holding them in your arms and you are just staring at them. Maybe they are getting a bottle or nursing, or you're just sitting there holding them..and then all of a sudden, they lock eyes with you. It's at that moment that time stops. Everything around you doesn't seem to matter-it's as if your ears shut off and you just take in that moment when those beautiful eyes look into yours as if to say "I know your my mommy. I know you love me and I know you will take care of me." That moment is a feeling I will never forget that happened with each of my blessings.

"The eyes are the window to the soul." -old proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment